Drop-offs: CASH ONLY at our drop-off location, except for commercial clients. We do not accept American $20, $50 or $100 bills. Commercial clients may also request in advance to pay by cheque, e-interac transfer or to open an account with us for monthly billing. Pick-ups: Our drivers accept cash or cheque at the time of service, unless you have a commercial account and are set up for monthly billing.. You may also pre-pay by interac e-transfer by phoning our office.Will the drivers move my old bed and furniture out or do I need to take it to the curb?Our drivers will do the heavy lifting from your home to their truck for you (although who doesn’t like a little help sometimes). Please bring the item to your front door, carport, deck, lobby, or somewhere where it is easily accessible. If you aren’t able to do that, please clear a path for the drivers from where the mattress is through to your front door. If it’s a particularly hard or time-consuming move, like squeezing a king size mattress down 2 flights of stairs, for example, please consider a tip to them for their extra service. Thank you.My mattress or furniture is in good condition. Can you donate it to charity?
- What do you do with my old mattress and furniture?
- We take it all apart and sort the pieces for recycling.
- Do you accept boxsprings too?
- Yes, we recycle boxsprings too.
- What days and hours are we open?
- We’re open 7 days a week (except statutory holidays): Monday-Friday 7 am – 5 pm. Weekends 8:30 am – 5 pm. Convenient! Back your vehicle up the ramp at loading door 16 and we will take the items off your hands. Please note: We accept CASH ONLY for drop-offs to our facility.
- Is the recycling fee the same for any size of mattress?
- Yes, our $15 fee applies to all mattresses and boxsprings of every size, except crib mattresses, which are only $8 each. GST is included in the price (that’s a 5% discount each time) when you drop your mattress off at our facility yourself. GST is added to our fees if we’re picking up your mattress from your place. Please note: We accept CASH ONLY for drop-offs to our facility.
- Is my futon a mattress or a sofa-bed?
- A futon, whether it’s flat for a bed or bent in half for a couch, is still a mattress to us. If the frame is metal, we recycle that for free and if it’s wood, it’s only $20 more for us to take it off your hands as well. Futons must be kept dry to be recycled.
- Is the recycling fee the same for all my furniture?
- Our fees vary according to the size/ complication-level of the furniture. Armchairs are $20, loveseats & recliners are $25, couches are $30, and sofabeds (the kinds with the mattress that folds away inside) are $45 each. We can recycle your old computer / office / desk chair too for only $12! GST is included in the price (that’s a 5% discount each time) when you drop your furniture off at our facility yourself. GST is added to our fees if we’re picking up your furniture from your place. Please note: We accept CASH ONLY for drop-offs to our facility.
- My mattress got really wet sitting out in the rain. Can you still recycle it?
- Yes, we can still recycle it, but the wet parts of the mattress may have to go to the garbage. So the drier it is, the better! If it is totally saturated, mouldy, and rusty, and not just a little wet from the short drive over, our receiving staff will decide if it is beyond what we consider acceptable. Please note: * We do NOT accept wet futons or foam mattresses.*
- My couch got really wet sitting out in the rain. Can you still recycle it?
- For now, no, we can’t recycle wet furniture (old or a little dirty are just fine however). Keep your furniture dry if you can so it can be kept out of the landfill.
- What areas do you pick-up from?
- Our regular pickup service covers the entire Metro Vancouver / Lower Mainland region. That includes Vancouver, Richmond, Burnaby, New Westminster, Surrey, Abbotsford, Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody, North & West Vancouver, Delta, Langley, Mission, Abbotsford, White Rock, Ladner, Tsawwassen, Aldergrove, Maple Ridge, and Pitt Meadows. For large commercial shipments, we can help arrange transportation for as far away as Vancouver Island, Whistler, the Okanagan, and beyond.
- How much do you charge for a pick-up?
- 1) $70 pick up + recycling fees for 1-2 items (excluding sofabeds) 2) $80 pick up + recycling fees for 3-4 items (or 1 sofabed) 3) $100 and up pick up + recycling fees for 5 or more items 4) $15 fuel and/or bridge toll surcharge for North & West Vancouver, Maple Ridge, Pitt Meadows, Mission, Port Coquitlam, Tsawwassen and Fort Langley
- What form of payment do you take?
A lot of companies claim to donate (or even to recycle) the furniture they collect, but if you are ever at a transfer station or landfill, you will see just how much furniture is being taken there for dumping by them. The sad truth is that there are not very many charities at all that accept used beds or furniture in Metro Vancouver and if they do, they are very selective for good reasons. There is almost zero demand for used beds and most furniture that people need to dispose of does not meet today’s standards/needs for re-using by charities. For that reason, we recycle (see top FAQ) all beds and furniture that come through our doors. On the rare occasion we receive furniture only (not beds) through our pick-up service that we know is suitable for re-use, then we do make the effort to donate it to someone in need. When that’s not possible, the recycling services we offer keep unusable old beds and furniture out of the landfill. We never, ever throw away furniture we accept for processing/dismantling. Please note that for commercial accounts that request and receive Certificates of Destruction from us, none of the above applies.
We had bedbugs. Will you still recycle our mattresses?Yes and no. If your mattresses were successfully chemically treated and sealed in plastic bags, and all the little critters are dead, then yes, we can still process the mattresses. Please let us know since special handling is required.Do you recycle metal too?Yes. Consider sending us anything metal you need to clear out, including but not limited to: bed frames, shelves, filing cabinets, metal appliances (except fridges), barbecues, bikes, furniture, pots, etc. Metal items dropped off at our facility are accepted free of charge. There is a $5.00 handling fee for metal items collected through our pick-up service.Can you provide references?Absolutely. Visit our Testimonials page on our main website to see what some of our clients say about us. We’re proud of our great reputation and work hard to maintain it.Is there a maximum number of mattresses we can send to you for recycling?Nope, no minimum or maximum. And no extra surcharge for large quantities either – in fact, we encourage them.Do we need to make a delivery appointment?No, appointments are not required but advance notice of commercial shipments, especially large ones, is appreciated and makes for a smooth process for everyone.Do I have to be there when my mattress and furniture are picked up?No, as long as we have access to the item(s) and payment has been made, you don’t need to be there when we come by.