Get rid of your old mattress today! Book a Pickup
- What do you do with my old mattress and furniture?
- For mattress recycling and furniture recycling, we take them all apart and sort the materials for recycling.
- Do you accept boxsprings too?
- Yes, we recycle boxsprings too.
- What days and hours are we open?
- We’re open 7 days a week (except statutory holidays): Monday-Friday 7 am – 5 pm. Weekends 8:30 am – 5 pm. Convenient! Back your vehicle up the ramp at loading door 16 and we will take the items off your hands. Please note: We accept CASH ONLY for drop-offs to our facility.
- Is the recycling fee the same for any size of mattress?
- Yes, our $20 fee applies to all dry (or surface-damp) mattresses and boxsprings of every size, except crib mattresses, which are only $5 each. If the mattress or boxspring is very wet or very dirty, our $25 fee applies. If it is saturated wet, it will likely be rejected. GST is included in the price (that’s a 5% discount each time) when you drop your mattress off at our facility yourself. GST is added to our fees if we’re picking up your mattress from your place. Please note: We accept CASH ONLY for drop-offs to our facility.
- Is my futon a mattress or a sofa-bed?
- A futon, whether it’s flat for a bed or bent in half for a couch, is still a mattress to us. If the frame is metal, we recycle that for free and if it’s wood, it’s only $20 more for us to take it off your hands as well. Futons must be kept dry to be recycled.
- Is the recycling fee the same for all my furniture?
- Our fees vary according to the size/ complication-level of the furniture. Furniture recycling fees vary and are listed on the website. They range from $10 for an office chair or ottoman to $45 for a sofabed. GST is included in the price (that’s a 5% discount each time) when you drop your furniture off at our facility yourself. GST is added to our fees if we’re picking up your furniture from your place. Please note: We accept CASH ONLY for drop-offs to our facility.
- My mattress got really wet sitting out in the rain. Can you still recycle it?
- Yes, we can still recycle it, but the wet parts of the mattress may have to go to the garbage. So the drier it is, the better! If it is totally saturated, mouldy, and rusty, and not just a little wet from the short drive over, our receiving staff will decide if it is beyond what we consider acceptable. Please note: * We do NOT accept wet futons or foam mattresses.*
- My couch got really wet sitting out in the rain. Can you still recycle it?
- For now, no, we can’t recycle wet furniture (old or a little dirty are just fine however). Keep your furniture dry if you can so it can be kept out of the landfill.
- What areas do you pick-up from?
- Our regular pickup service covers the entire Metro Vancouver / Lower Mainland region. That includes Vancouver, Richmond, Burnaby, New Westminster, Surrey, Abbotsford, Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody, North & West Vancouver, Delta, Langley, Mission, Abbotsford, White Rock, Ladner, Tsawwassen, Aldergrove, Maple Ridge, and Pitt Meadows. For large commercial shipments, we can help arrange transportation for as far away as Vancouver Island, Whistler, the Okanagan, and beyond.
- How much do you charge for a pick-up?
$70 Pick up for 1-2 items (excluding sofabeds/sectionals/ adjustable beds). Recycling fees extra. $80 Pick up for 3-4 items (or 1 sofabed/ reclining sofa/loveseat or sectional) . Recycling fees extra. $100 (and up) Pick up for 5 or more items . Recycling fees extra. +$15 Fuel surcharge for North Vancouver, West Vancouver (up to 28th St), Port Moody, Port Coquitlam, Maple Ridge, Abbotsford, Pitt Meadows, Mission, Fort Langley, Aldergrove, and Tsawwassen. Pick Ups: Cash, cheque, or Interac e-transfer. Commercial & Account Clients: Cash, cheque, direct deposit, Interac e-transfer. Payment must be made at the time of service by either cash, cheque, or in advance by Interac e-transfer. If you are a commercial client you may apply for volume rates and an account in advance. Cheques must be written for the date of service; post-dated cheques not accepted. Commercial clients with approved accounts in advance can ask for invoicing. *Final charge might vary if the information you provide us is not correct*
What form of payment do you take?Drop-offs: CASH ONLY at our drop-off location, except for commercial clients. We do not accept American $20, $50 or $100 bills. Commercial clients may also request in advance to pay by cheque, interac e-transfer or to open an account with us for monthly billing. Pick-ups: Our drivers accept cash or cheque at the time of service, unless you have a commercial account and are set up for monthly billing. You may also pre-pay by interac e-transfer by phoning our office.Will the drivers move my old bed and furniture out or do I need to take it to the curb?Our drivers will do the heavy lifting from your home to their truck for you (although who doesn’t like a little help sometimes). Please bring the item to your front door, carport, deck, lobby, or somewhere where it is easily accessible. If you aren’t able to do that, please clear a path for the drivers from where the mattress is through to your front door. If it’s a particularly hard or time-consuming move, like squeezing a king size mattress down 2 flights of stairs, for example, please consider a tip to them for their extra service. Thank you.My mattress or furniture is in good condition. Can you donate it to charity?
A lot of companies claim to donate (or even to recycle) the furniture they collect, but if you are ever at a transfer station or landfill, you will see just how much furniture is being taken there for dumping by them. The sad truth is that there are not very many charities at all that accept used beds or furniture in Metro Vancouver and if they do, they are very selective for good reasons. There is almost zero demand for used beds and most furniture that people need to dispose of does not meet today’s standards/needs for re-using by charities. For that reason, we recycle (see top FAQ) all beds and furniture that come through our doors. On the rare occasion we receive furniture only (not beds) through our pick-up service that we know is suitable for re-use, then we do make the effort to donate it to someone in need. When that’s not possible, the recycling services we offer keep unusable old beds and furniture out of the landfill. We never, ever throw away furniture we accept for processing/dismantling. Please note that for commercial accounts that request and receive Certificates of Destruction from us, none of the above applies.
We had bedbugs. Will you still recycle our mattresses?Yes and no. If your mattresses were successfully chemically treated and sealed in plastic bags, and all the little critters are dead, then yes, we can still process the mattresses. Please let us know since special handling is required.Do you recycle metal too?Yes. Consider sending us anything metal you need to clear out, including but not limited to: bed frames, shelves, filing cabinets, metal appliances (except fridges), barbecues, bikes, furniture, pots, etc. Metal items dropped off at our facility are accepted free of charge. There is a $5.00 handling fee for metal items collected through our pick-up service.Can you provide references?Absolutely. Visit our testimonials page on our main website to see what some of our clients say about us. We’re proud of our great reputation and work hard to maintain it.Is there a maximum number of mattresses we can send to you for recycling?No and yes. If you are a contract client, we work with you to set up a delivery schedule to handle the volume you need to send, however large it is. If you are a cash-paying, drop-off customer, there is a limit of 10 mattresses per day from you. If you need to send more than 10 mattresses in a load, please book an appointment by phoning or emailing our office during regular office hours, which are 7:30 am – 4 pm Monday – Friday.Do we need to make a delivery appointment?For loads of more than 10 mattresses or a few pieces of furniture, YES, appointments are required and can be made by phoning or emailing our office during regular office hours, which are 7:30 am – 4 pm Monday – Friday. This makes for a smooth process for everyone. We have very busy loading doors and do not want you to have to wait for trucks to be unloaded ahead of you. As well, scheduled clients take priority over unexpected deliveries, so you may be turned away and asked to return at a later time. Do I have to be there when my mattress and furniture are picked up?No, as long as we have access to the item(s) and payment has been made, you don’t need to be there when we come by.