Did you know that mattresses are costly for landfill operators to dispose of properly? Mattresses take up over 4 times the space of regular garbage that gets thrown in landfills. Mattresses also end up causing wear and tear quicker on landfill machinery. Thus it is more cost-effective and acceptable to recycle old mattresses instead. When mattresses are recycled, they are stripped down, and their materials are placed aside for reuse.
– Mattress recycling is convenient and cost-effective
– Certain recyclers offer residential pickup services to help you remove the old mattress from your home
– Recycling mattresses help reduce landfill operation costs
– It also helps protect our natural environment by minimizing the need of landfills
– Removing mattresses properly reduces illegal dumping, which is a health and safety hazard
– Recycling mattresses supports local jobs and businesses in the waste management industry